Saturday, September 6, 2008

About me

I noticed a couple people doing an "About me" section so I figured why not. This is also my first blog site, I never really caught on to the whole thing, more because I didn't take the time and also because I didn't know that it was so easy to get started. Now that I see how easy it really is I think I will continue to use it!

So about me, I am a journalism major, but writing has been in my blood since I could hold a pencil. I have always loved writing. When I was just 18 months old I started to write little things and illustrate them. In second grade I wrote my own little stories. And my passion to write has only grown since then. I took AP English and all that jazz in high school. Also in high school I worked for the school yearbook as the copy and overall editor. We used InDesign, I'm not an expert, but I do have some experience with that. Then after High School I went on to San Diego State University for my freshman year. While I was down there I got a job working for a local softball magazine called Softball Today and I covered stories and wrote articles for them. If you would like to check them out by the way you can through google, and search Tanya Mutz Softball Today. So I have some experience in the journalism aspect, but am still learning to gain more. I haven't worked for a newspaper before, but it does interest me and I am willing to put a lot in to it.

Aside from writing I also really enjoy, you probably guessed it, playing softball. I am a pitcher and I love the game. I have been playing softball since I was eight years old and haven't gotten enough of it yet. I am going to play for the Seahawks this year, so feel free to come out and watch a game. I also like spending time with my friends and family, scrapbooking, art, watching tv, and photography. I like all types of music but my favorite is Country.

There is a lot more to me if you want to know just ask, but I think this is probably a long enough blog that you guys are getting bored with already! : ) I am really looking forward to working with all of you and turning this in to a great paper!

No comments: